Prime Minister Protection Insurance Scheme: Get insurance of Rs 2 lakh at a premium of only Rs 12, learn how to apply
Prime Minister Insurance Insurance Scheme: The Prime Minister’s Protection Bami Yojana provides accident insurance to the poorer sections of the society. In this scheme, you have to deposit only Rs. 12 per month and in case of an accident you get a claim of up to Rs. 200,000. Under this government scheme, in case of death or disability of the insured in an accident, the sum insured is charged. However, this plan is for one year only. We have to register again in the new year.
Anyone between the ages of 18 and 70 who has a savings account in any bank can apply under this scheme. In the event of death or disability due to an accident, a claim may be sought under this scheme. Also, in case of suicide, no money is given to the family. At the same time, the sum insured is charged even if the insured dies, but there is no claim of partial disability due to the accident.
Who can apply?
- Anyone between the ages of 18 and 70 can avail this scheme.
- In addition to the savings account, the scheme can also be implemented through a joint bank account. All joint account members can avail this scheme.
- Citizens living outside the country can also benefit from this scheme, although the claim amount will be paid to them only in rupees.
- If you have more than one bank account, you can apply for this scheme with only one account.
When will you get the benefit of insurance?
- In the event of death or disability in an accident. This includes natural disasters.
- In case of suicide, the relatives of the deceased do not get any money. But, in case of murder, the full amount is paid.
- Even if there is a partial disability in the accident, the insurance money is not available.
You can apply through any bank.
This government scheme is available in all banks. You can apply through SMS and Net Banking. In addition, the application can be made directly to your bank. But one person can only apply from one account. If you apply after June 1, you get the benefit of this scheme from the date of application till May 31 next year.