To diversify its selection of smart TVs in India, TPV Technology has introduced the Philips 7900, the newest line of Android-based smart TVs. The brand-new smart TV from the firm supports Dolby Vision, Dolby Atmos, and 4K resolution, in addition to the company’s trademarked Ambilight technology. Philips TVs have a generally positive image for consumer electronics, including smart TVs. Your chances of experiencing any issues with their TVs are slim, especially with the OLED versions.
Dolby Vision is a type of HDR that employs dynamic metadata embedded into each movie frame for a more realistic picture, promising a subtler, more nuanced image than a regular HDR10 picture. The most popular alternative HDR format, HDR10, merely gives each scene static information. Most TV producers support Dolby Vision HDR, with Philips providing the broadest range of hardware.
Technology firm Royal Philips NV operates in the lighting, healthcare, and consumer well-being sectors. Healthcare, Consumer Lifestyle, Lighting, Innovation, Group, and Services are its operating segments. The healthcare segment provides imaging systems, patient care, clinical informatics, home healthcare solutions, and customer services. Health and wellness, personal care, home appliances, television, audio, video multimedia, and accessories are all included in the Consumer Lifestyle section. Lamps, household and commercial luminaires, lighting controls and systems, automotive lighting, packaged light-emitting diodes (LEDs), and LED solutions are all in the lighting category. The Innovation, Group, and Services segment supports the operational sectors through shared service centers.
The Philips 7900 Ambilight TV series has three screen size options, ranging from Rs 1,89,990 to Rs 1,49,990 to Rs 99,990. The newest Philips TV will initially be offered at a few top offline retailers in India.
- Ambilight, a three-sided ambient lighting system, is included with the Philips 7900 smart TV. The lights react to the activity on the screen to provide a more engaging and immersive viewing environment.
- The new Philips televisions include a 4K Ultra HD LED display with support for HDR10+ and Dolby Vision, which the company claims offer vibrant image quality. The TV’s 20W speakers are powered by Dolby Atmos technology, also included in the setup.
- Philips Pixel Precise Ultra HD Engine, intended to give improved clarity, increased depth perception, contrast, smooth, natural motion, and more details, is also featured in the product.
- With compatibility with most well-known OTT applications, including Netflix, Amazon Prime, and Disney+ Hotstar, the TV runs the Android 10 TV OS.
- The Philips 7900 Ambilight LED TV series also supports high dynamic range media in all popular codecs, including Dolby Vision, HDR10+, HDR10, and HLG. A 20W speaker system is included in the 55-inch TV, supporting Dolby Atmos audio. The television supports dual-band Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 5, and the Ultra-HD screen offers a refresh rate of up to 60Hz.