Have you ever been stuck in a situation where you are trying to pay through UPI but due to slow internet connection payment has failed?
if yes, then NPCI has solved your problem. In year 2020 NPCI had launched *99# service that allows users to make UPI payment without the Internet. This was launched to make UPI accessible to common people of India who still use feature phones.
So, let’s see how to setup the *99# UPI and make payment through it.
How to Setup Offline Payment?
- Dial *99# on your phone. But make sure your phone number is linked with your bank account.
- After dialling *99# ussd code, you get a pop up where you have to enter the name of your bank.
- Now, you will get a list of account numbers linked with your number. Choose any one which you want to register.
- Now to create your UPI ID, enter the last 6 digits of your debit card along with the expiry date.
- Now create your 6 or 4 digit UPI pin and remember the pin because you’ll need to enter the pin every time you make a payment.
- If you have done it right, your UPI ID will be created. And now you’re ready to make UPI payments without the internet.
How To Make UPI Payment Without the Internet?
Once your UPI ID is created you’re ready to make UPI payments. And to do so follow these steps.
- Dial *99# on your phone with your registered mobile phone.
- You will see a list of actions you can do like Send Money, Request Money, Check Balance, View Profile, Pending Requests, and Reset UPI PIN.
- To send money, type 1 and press the dial button.
- Thereafter, Enter the UPI ID/ phone number/ bank account number of the person you want to send money to.
- Now, Enter the amount you want to send.
- After that, Enter the UPI PIN.
- If you have not made any mistake your payment will be successful.
Note: Currently you can send upto Rs 5000 only at once. And you might be charged Rs 0.50 per transaction for using *99# service.