Gharib Kalyan Anna Yojana extended till March 2022, 800 million poor will continue to get free food grains
Prime Minister Gharib Kalyan Anna Yojna: Taking a big decision, Modi government has extended PM Gharib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PM-GKAY) till March 2022. Currently, the scheme was due to expire on November 30, 2021. This means that by March 2022, more than 800 million poor people in the country will continue to receive free food. Under PM-GKAY, each family is given 5 kg of grain per person for free. The government is believed to have made the decision in the run-up to next year’s five state assembly elections. Earlier, the Food Secretary said in a statement that there was no proposal to move PM-GKAY forward. Opposition leaders made a fuss over it, but the decision was taken at a meeting of the Union Cabinet chaired by PM Modi on Wednesday.
Prime Minister Gharib Kalyan Anna Yojana: Learn big things.
- Every month 80 crore poor people are being given 5 kg of wheat or rice and 1 kg of favorite lentils free of cost.
- Under this scheme, all ration card holders are being given rations twice as much as the existing rations by the central government.
- One kg of lentils is also being given to these poor people every month to ensure their protein intake.
- The PMGKAY benefit is also being extended to those who do not have a ration card, although Aadhaar card is required to avail the benefit of this scheme.
- If the beneficiaries of this scheme face any difficulty in getting free food items or their donors are reluctant, the government has provided toll free number (1800-180-2087, 1800-212-5512). And 1967). Has also started on which complaints can be made.