EPFO allows UAN to create, activate and update KYC, learn how
The Employees Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) assigns each employee a UAN number, or Universal Account Number (UAN). UAN is a 12 digit number used by the employee to check PF account balance and other details related to EPF. Also with KYC details enables the appropriate UAN member to access various online services directly without employer intervention. However, if you have forgotten or do not know your UAN, you can visit EPFO’s official website (https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in) to check it out.
Try these steps to find out the UAN.
1. Go to Unified Member Portal.
2. Select Member ID, Aadhaar or PAN.
3. Enter details like name, date of birth, mobile number and email id as per EPFO records.
4. Click on the “Get Authorization PIN” option.
5. A PIN will be sent to your mobile number registered with EPFO.
6. Enter PIN and your UAN will be sent to mobile number.
If you know your UAN and it is not active then do it.
1. Go to EPF Member Portal and click on “Activate UAN” or UAN Activation under EPFO’s Employee Centric Services on UMANG APP.
2. Select one of the following – UAN, Member ID, Aadhaar or PAN.
3. Fill in additional details like name, date of birth, mobile number and email id and click on “Get Authorization PIN”.
4. An authorization PIN will be sent to the mobile number registered with EPFO.
5. Enter this PIN and click on “Verify OTP and enable UAN”.
6. UAN will be activated and password will be sent to member’s mobile. Members can now log in to the Unified Member Portal using their UAN and password.