MUMBAI: You may not have heard that bananas are the number one food in the United States. Even oranges and apples are eaten more than combined. Yet, now and then, there are some exotic fruits now popular as the new health revolution, so we often underestimate bananas. However, you should keep in mind that these fruits are extremely beneficial and provide various health benefits.
Despite their delicious taste, bananas are rich in numerous nutrients, natural sugars, vitamins and fiber.
Bananas are greenish in color and have no spots in the previous condition but as they ripen brown spots appear and cover the whole fruit. These spots do not mean that the bananas are rotten, but they do indicate that they are at the peak of development, as they are then the richest in tumor necrosis factor (TNF).
TNF is an important anti-cancer substance that fights abnormal cells in the body. It helps in communication between the cells of the immune response system and points the movement of the cells towards the infected or swollen areas of the body. Studies have shown that TNF in tissues inhibits tumor growth and spread in a variety of ways, inducing apoptosis (cell death). So the next time you see brown spots on the collar, don’t throw them away because they are very healthy.
Other health benefits of banana:
- Constipation: Bananas are rich in fiber so its use will stimulate regular bowel movements and relieve constipation.
- Helps to quit smoking: Bananas contain nutrients like potassium, vitamins and magnesium which help to flush out nicotine from the body.
- Lose weight: Banana with skim milk is a very good medicine to reduce your weight.
- Reduces the risk of heart and stroke and attack: Potassium in bananas helps in maintaining the balance of body fluids and electrolytes in the cells and helps in controlling blood pressure, it reduces the risk of heart stroke and attack.
- Good for blood: Vitamin B6 in banana is beneficial for making hemoglobin and antibodies in blood.
- Healthy Bones: Potassium present in bananas helps to reduce the risk of osteoporosis by filling the calcium deficiency.
- Sight: Eating bananas or other fruits regularly can prevent macular degeneration, which is responsible for the loss of vision in most adults.
- Hangover: Collar milkshake combined with a little honey is a very good remedy for hangover. It soothes your stomach, with milk it rehydrates your system.
- Improves mood: The amino acid tryptophan in bananas helps in the production of serotonin. Which improves your mood.
- Improves brain function and maintains alertness: Potassium found in bananas helps in developing brain function as well as maintaining alertness.